Come work at a place where we take pride in creating a workplace environment that values hard work, commitment, and growth.At Academy Sports + Outdoors, our Purpose is to make it easier for everyone to enjoy more sports and outdoors. Our Store Team Members are an essential part of customer service in any Academy store. He/she is responsible for ensuring a fast, friendly customer service, to be able to navigate the abundance of choices Academy has to offer, in addition to impacting customer satisfaction, store profitability, and Academy's Mission.Job Description:
Click the link(s) below to see each individual positions full job description:
Sales Team Member Positions:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Associates or Bachelor's in Criminal Justice preferred (Asset Protection Team Member Only)
- Previous related work experience preferred.
- Operating POS equipment, symbol, and telephone preferred. (Cashier Only)
- In-direct support of people and processes to drive operational excellence and expected sales targets. (Cashier Only)
- 4+ years of personal experience with the outdoors hobbies, interests and skill sets; fishing and hunting experience preferred. (Outdoor Enthusiast Only)
- CPR and First Responder certification is a plus. (Asset Protection Team Member Only)
- Loss Prevention or Criminal Justice background is a plus. (Asset Protection Team Member Only)
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Ability to connect, build rapport and engage with our customers that bond with friends, family, and community through the challenge of sports and outdoor pursuits; bilingual a plus.
- Effective problem solving and communication with customers and team members.
- Ability to execute multiple tasks with superior organizational skills and detail orientation.
- Read, interpret and follow documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, plan-o-grams and procedure manuals.
- Proficiently use basic mathematical computations and apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral or diagram form.
- Operate and coach others on the use of POS equipment, symbol and telephone (Cashier Only)
- Writes routine reports and correspondence (Cashier Only)
- Working knowledge of inventory software and order processing systems. (Cashier Only)
- Passionate and well-versed in the variety of outdoors hobbies, interests and skill sets such as fishing, hunting, competitive shooting, and camping. (Outdoor Enthusiast Only)
- Must meet federal and state requirements for selling and procession firearms transactions. (Fishing and Hunting Sales Team Member Only)
- Must meet requirements to qualify to obtain/maintain FOID card (Illinois only). (Fishing and Hunting Sales Team Member Only)
- Proficiently use equipment such as basic hand tools, receiving and cleaning equipment.
- Provide prompt, friendly customer service to all team members and customers.
- Emergency response procedures
- Strong situational awareness and observation skills
- Please see job description for more details.
Physical Requirements & Attendance
Part timeEqual Employment Opportunity
- Ability to work flexible schedules such as nights, weekends, and holidays based on business needs.
- Acceptable level of hearing and vision to perform job duties
- Adhere to company work hours, policies, procedures and rules governing professional staff behavior
- Frequently required to walk, reach, and talk.
- Occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, push and pull.
- Constantly lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift up to 60 pounds.
- Constantly stand, handle, use fingers to grasp and use repetitive motions (hands, wrist and fingers).
- Specific vision abilities required by this role include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate with regard to employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by law.